– In “everything old is new” music news, the 80s are back! (‘Had they ever really gone away?” i hear all you scene kids respond with…yes…yes they had). Hip-O/Uni are finally releasing the “new” album Everybody Loves A Happy Ending by Tears for Fears, which had been idling in record label merger hell since Arista got shuffled in to BMG proper. I’ve had this record on my iPod for awhile now and I must say its a classic. Baroque pop melodies along with the classic TFF shuffle.
– We’re putting out the new Duran Duran record, which I must say is pretty sweet. If you don’t believe me, check out their new video.
– My favorite new stupid geek gadget and time waster of the week (with an acronym like MFNSGGATWOTW, you know I’m gonna be using it all the time) is Toogle. It takes your query, runs it through google and then does some mumbo jumbo with ASCII art and…well, just try it. [Update: Apparently its not just me, and the site’s down for a bit]
– With everything else in the world apparently all taken care of (though Bea Arthur might disagree…Hi Bea!), city governments decide that now is the time to crack down on goths. Makes me wanna go back to school for some good ol’ fashioned HISSIN’!
– In movie news, whoda thunk the DJ from In Living Color wouldve put togehter such a fine-looking performance as Ray Charles in the upcoming biopic.- But, as long as more women are using sex toys and you can charge your cellphone at Union Square, the world can’t be all bad, right?
Finally, a note to John Kerry. Say something..