I need someone to work with me helping to manage the content of our websites and write newsletters, etc… This is a great opportunity for someone looking to get into the music biz!
Please note that you must be in the NYC area.
The pay is somewhat limited, but you will be able to work with artists, and build contacts within the music business that can help you later.
If you or someone you know fits this description, please either respond to this message or email me at jeremy dot meyers at sonybmg dot com
Manager, Digital Content (Title TBD)
– Coordinate with Director of New Media, publicity department and product managers to collect and create content updates to label and artist websites as well as keeping our websites biographical information up to date for our roster.
– Coordinate promo mailings to target websites
– Work with creative team putting together requests for creation of digital assets, including newsletter layouts, viral marketing tools, etc.
– Maintain reports and analysis of web traffic trends as well as digital sales figures. Help brainstorm ways to increase traffic.
– Communicate with fanbase via message boards
– Create and deliver consumer-facing artist, genre and label-based newsletters in conjunction with marketing priorities.
– Implement proper Search Engine Optimization techniques (optimizing copy, etc)
– Manage label home page, updating based on marketing priorities
Technical Knowledge/ Skills Required:
– HTML and CSS experience (WYSIWYG and hand-coded)
– Previous music and/or internet industry experience a big plus
– Advanced knowledge of Web design, usability, and reporting
– General conceptual knowledge of database-driven web sites and dynamic content management systems
– Intermediate knowledge of Web analytics programs,Web Trends, or similar site usage tracking tools a plus
– Basic Photoshop skill a plus
– An knowledge of Classical music
– Creative and analytical thinking, next-level interests and a passion for technology a must!