Came across this in my Documents folder.
- I am the only one who ultimately controls my emotions and situation, and the only person whose habits I can change. Trying to change someone else’s habits is fruitless and frustrating.
- I am entitled to feel whatever I feel whenever I feel it, and to love and be loved in return. Anything else is selling myself short.
- I am entitled to pay attention to my own needs. This does not have to lead to a fight, and does not invalidate my needs if It does.
- I am entitled to fulfillment, and for people to treat me well.
- There are many things that I am good at, and I should feel proud of them.
- I don’t have to feel trapped by life. When I do, I can change my responses to behavior in order to not feel trapped.
- Identifying patterns that are destructive or no longer productive is the first step to improving my quality of life.
- Growing up is a process that is not easy, takes time and requires patience and courage. I have more of that than I think I do.
See Also: Jeremy’s Rules For A Better Life