2009, for me at least, was a time of change.Â Between finally deciding to be more active in getting myself out there on social networks (and the resulting increase in Twitter usage), to personal tragedy, to a shift in how I choose to treat my thoughts, to professional advancement, to finding love, I feel quite reinvented.Â Well, maybe reinvented isn’t the right word, as much as decluttered.Â There have been a lot of habits and patterns that have stuck around for whatever reason, consciously and subconsciously. Learning to look at them and let go of the ones that keep distance from the happiness that exists inside has been transformational.
It’s so important to be patient with yourself, especially during challenging times.Â No growth comes quickly, no matter how much one may want to.Â From getting your business online to stopping toxic behavior in your own life, things happen at their own pace, all the time.
So, here’s some of the things I’ve learned, in SEO-friendly bullet-point fashion!
- The world is on your side, and waits patiently for you to make room in your life for awesomeness.
- Just because you’ve always done something, doesn’t mean you should keep doing it one moment further.
- Not everything need be treated heavy-handedly or with Importance. In fact, the most important things in life thrive best when treated lightly.Â In other words, Hold On Loosely.
- It’s not the situation that makes our lives a certain way, it’s our relationship to a situation, which we can always control.
- Love is always better.Â And it’s freakin awesome.
On occasion on this blog, I’ve posted lifehack-style things that I’ve learned, or resolutions I’m looking at, in the hopes that you may find something valuable from them to look at in your own life (see: Jeremy’s Rules For A Better Life, My Resolutions for 2009).Â I know that many of the people who read this blog are also people who interact with me outside of it, be you friends, twitter buddies, fellow bloggers.Â My resolution for you is: connect.
Connect wherever you can, with whoever you can.Â Don’t be afraid of rejection.Â Everyone is afraid of rejection, but nobody things other people are similarly afraid.Â Say hi, send a twitter message, go up to a girl (or a boy) at a party, email that friend from high school, accept rather than ignore that facebook request.Â Connection is the key to feeling love.Â I hope that 2010 brings a fuller sense of connection to everyone reading this.
If you’d like to connect with me outside of here, you will find links to me on the various networks on the top-right-hand-corner.